I was doing my thing, helping out in the kitchen. Kendle had bought a bunch of groceries so I put down the video games and was putting them away while she got dinner ready. So I was putting all the different kinds of noodles in one place in the pantry. I was moving all our old noodles to the new spot when the end on a box of spaghetti opened up! So there were noodles ALL OVER the floor! So then I had to pick them all up and throw them into the disposal.
Sheepishly I started to clean up. I thought to myself "Man, this should be a fight. I'm all fummbly bummbly in the kitchen, wasting food. I should just get out of her way. I'm causing more mess than helping." I guess that's just not how we work. She stopped cooking and helped clean up the noodles. I threw them into the sink and shoved them down the disposal hole.
I turned the water and disposal on, and the sink starts to fill up, and the disposal creates this vortex in the sink, with the water just whipping into a frenzy but not going down the drain.
"OH....I put a lemon down there, did I break it?" Kendle said noticing me turning off the disposal and shoving my hand down the hole to get at whatever was down there.
"Well I can't feel anything in the disposal, it must have moved to the pipes."
I'll digest the next hour and a half into a list. It's easier reading.
- I disconnected the pipes and splashed a full sink of water MOSTLY into a bucket, but lot's of it ended up all over me. oh, and it wasn't just water..it was carrots, spaghetti and soapy water.
- Cleared the clog, put it all back together turned the water on, and found out there was more than one clog
- Splashed another sink full of water all over me and the kitchen, and some got in the bucket
- Took it all back apart, found the clog was in a pipe that had somehow magically been installed, as it was too long to come out from under the sink
- Reversed the dark magic install spell and somehow managed to get the long pipe out, then cleared the second clog
- Reinstalled everything, watched as the water flowed down the drain freely
So the whole time I'm grumbling and mumbling. THIS should be a fight too, I'm thinking. I should be pissed and screaming cause a stupid lemon got stuck down here. But I don't. I mean, the thought actually crossed my mind that I SHOULD be mad, but I wasn't. How many times have we thrown lemons down there? A MILLION. It makes it smell better I think. I was more focused on the problem than what had caused it.
LUCKY ME! Can you imagine me bitching for an hour and a half and blaming Kendle for putting a lemon down there and then pulling out....THE SPAGHETTI!
Turns out wet spaghetti can go down the disposal all day long...dry spaghetti will clog your pipes.
So then we sat down to dinner, which was STILL HOT (I really don't know how she manged that)! So as we are eating dinner I think to myself "I think I must be watching too much "Teen Mom," this isn't fight worthy for a normal couple, this is just normal life. Some days you gotta fix a pipe or kill a spider or haul the trash down to the street.
I think those people on TV probably need to step back and look at life from a different angle. They all seem a little self absorbed. Course...what do I know? I didn't have a one year old running into tables and needing constant attention the whole time I was trying to fix pipes.
PS...Gary for real needs to leave that Amber chick.